1. The Society of Albertans Against Equalization (SAAE) is committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information (name, address, phone number, e-mail, financial information, etc.) is stored using secure technologies. The SAAE adheres to strict policies to prevent any unauthorized access or use.
2. In all instances, personal information is voluntarily submitted by you. The information which you provide is used to send or provide updates, information, and appeals from SAAE.
3. We do not publish, disclose, sell, exchange, or give away personal information which we have collected from you, without your approval to do so, other than to comply with government election and referendum requirements and with organizations that make up the society. We may share aggregate information about our supporter base, stripped of any personally identifiable information, to third parties in order to comply with reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes.
4. The SAAE collects information for purposes of providing services and information to our supporters, as described in paragraph 2 and 3 above. The SAAE retains this information until you request to be removed from the data base. Information collected pursuant to the sale of publications, promotional items, affinity products, event registration and donations is retained as long as required by the Canadian Revenue Agency for tax and audit purposes.
5. Access to all personal information is restricted to SAAE offices, member groups, employees and board members.
6. Occasionally, the SAAE provides information about other organizations through our online links. The SAAE does not take any responsibility for the privacy policies of these organizations, and encourages users to review the privacy policies of such organizations.
7. The SAAE may organize petition campaigns both online and through signature collection on paper. The names and addresses collected on these petitions, whether signed online or in person, are presented to the designated politician or body to whom the petition is addressed. Subject to paragraph 3 above, the SAAE may also choose to send or provide information about itself to individuals who have added their name to a petition.
8. To review your personal information collected by the SAAE or to be removed from our lists, please direct your request in writing to Executive Director Franco Terrazzano by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. The SAAE complies with the federal Protection of Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act and all relevant provincial legislation.
10. We are required to disclose donation information in accordance with the rules set out in the Alberta government’s Election Finances and Contributions Disclosure Act, which can be found here: https://www.qp.alberta.ca/1266.cfm?page=E02.cfm&leg_type=Acts&isbncln=9780779818884. The SAAE will comply with the financial disclosure rules for this referendum set out by the Alberta government.